Report by the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport
4.1 The Committee considered a report by the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport.
4.2 Members have considered the officer’s report and agree with the conclusions and reasons for recommendation as set out in paragraph 3 of the report.
4.3 RESOLVED unanimously to grant planning permission subject to the following conditions:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be commenced before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the drawings and documents listed in the Schedule of Approved Plans.
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3. Prior to the commencement of the development hereby permitted a Programme of Works shall be submitted to and approved by the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport and shall include full details of the proposed operations including:
- Method for silt removal and deposit;
- Any ground and surface preparation necessary to accommodate the operations;
- Timescale of works;
- Access arrangements and provisions for the management of construction traffic;
- Type and location of proposed equipment; and
- Location of underground services.
The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved Programme of Works, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport.
Reason: To safeguard the amenity of the locality in accordance with Policies WMP23b and WMP25 of the East Sussex, South Downs and Brighton & Hove Waste and Minerals Plan 2013 and Saved Policy EN27 of the Wealden Local Plan 1998.
4. No works to the trees and vegetation shall take place until an arboricultural report has been submitted to, and approved in writing by, the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport to confirm the precise nature and scope of works to the trees and vegetation, together with arrangements for the protection of trees and the management of any waste arising from these works. This shall ensure that the mature trees and those identified as supporting bat roosts or having bat roost potential should be retained and protected in accordance with BS5837:2012 Trees in Relation to Design, Demolition and Construction. The approved works shall be implemented in full and the tree protection arrangements remain in place for the duration of the works, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport.
Reason: To ensure the appropriate management of the site in the interests of safeguarding wildlife and visual amenity and to comply with Policies WMP25 and WMP27a of the East Sussex, South Downs and Brighton & Hove Waste and Minerals Plan 2013 and Saved Policies EN6, EN23, EN12 and EN13 of the Wealden Local Plan 1998.
5. The deposit of the lake silt hereby permitted shall not commence until a scheme of management for the trees to be retained as identified in the arboricultural report subject of Condition 4, has been submitted to and approved in writing ... view the full minutes text for item 4