Decision Maker: Lead Member for Transport and Environment
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
to proposed changes and updates to Highway Service policies
• Asset Management Policy and Strategy
• Drainage Policy
• SCRIM and Skidding Resistance Policy and Procedure
29.1 The Lead Member considered a report by the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport.
29.2 The Lead Member RESOLVED to (1) Rescind the policy sections and Drainage Management Strategy summarised in Appendix B and detailed in Appendix C;
(2) Approve the proposed new Highway Skid Resistance policy summarised in Appendix B and detailed in Appendix D; and
(3) Approve the proposed amendments to the policies and Highway Asset Management Strategy summarised in Appendix B and detailed in Appendix E.
29.3 Many of the maintenance tasks carried out the East Sussex County Council’s highways department are statutory duties or powers required by legislation. The Council’s highways policies set out the Council’s approach where local discretion is permitted in how duties or powers are applied, on in areas for which there is no legislation.
29.4 The highways maintenance policies have been reviewed to ensure that they support:
• current legislation, guidance and best practice;
• the County Council’s corporate priorities and local transport policy; and
• Highways Infrastructure Services Contract needs.
Report author: Rupert Clubb
Publication date: 20/11/2018
Date of decision: 19/11/2018
Decided at meeting: 19/11/2018 - Lead Member for Transport and Environment