Decision Maker: Lead Member for Resources and Climate Change
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the proposal for the county council to join the Keep it Local Network and endorse the six Keep it Local principles.
20.1 The Lead Member considered a report by the Director of Adult Social Care and Health.
20.2 The Lead Member RESOLVED to:
1) agree that the County Council should join the Keep it Local Network;
2) agree to sign an endorsement, with the Chief Executive, to support the Council’s commitment;
3) nominate himself as the Cabinet Keep it Local Champion;
4) nominate the Director of Adult Social Care and Health as the senior officer management champion; and
5) delegate authority to the Director of Adult Social Care and Health to take all steps necessary to implement the recommendation.
20.3 Many of the six Keep it Local principles are already embedded within the Council’s core business, including our approach to commissioning and procurement and our whole systems approach to partnership working with the NHS and VCSE. The Keep it Local Network provides ESCC with the opportunity to publicly endorse the six principles, and continue towards creating collaborative public services, and invest in the local economy.
20.4 It will provide ESCC with a further opportunity to frame our approach to commissioning and procurement that takes account of existing conversations with our local partners, including fora such as the VCSE Partnership Plus meeting.
Report author: Mark Stainton
Publication date: 27/07/2022
Date of decision: 26/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 26/07/2022 - Lead Member for Resources and Climate Change
Effective from: 04/08/2022