Decision Maker: Lead Member for Resources and Climate Change
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A decision is being made on the delivery of the Partnerships for People and Place pilot intervention, including what elements will be taken forward and how. There are several potential strands of the delivery including:
· an engagement exercise
· energy efficiency home assessments
· post-assessment support and signposting
· installation of small measures
· top up funding for the Household Support Grant
59.1 The Lead Member considered a report by the Assistant Chief Executive.
59.2 The Lead Member RESOLVED to:
1) Agree the Stage 3 delivery plan for the Partnerships for People and Place Project as set out in the report;
2) Approve the Council procuring a contract for delivery of stage three of the Partnerships for People and Place project (as detailed in paragraphs 2.3 to 2.6 of the report);
3) Agree to use funding from the Partnership for People and Place Project to award one or more grants to organisations that are already supporting vulnerable people through the winter months as set out in paragraph 2.8 of the report;
4) Delegate authority to the Assistant Chief Executive to:
a) approve the award of the contract following the procurement process;
b) agree the terms of any grant agreements to be entered into as well as approving, in consultation with the Chief Finance Officer, the value of the grant to be awarded and to who it is awarded; and
c) take all other actions necessary to give effect to the recommendations in the report.
59.3 The Local Place Board and Local Place Working Group have approved the suggested delivery plan for stage three of the Partnerships for People and Place project.
59.4 The stage 3 Delivery Plan and procurement of a contract to deliver the workstreams identified in paragraphs 2.3 to 2.6 of the report will ensure that the measures can be delivered within the timescales for the Partnerships for People and Place project.
59.5 Entering into a series of grant agreements with local partners as set out in paragraph 2.7 of the report will enable the project to address the concerns raised by local partners at the co-design workshops about the immediate needs of residents in the area, and with a view to providing continued support to residents beyond the end of the project.
59.6 The delegations to the Assistant Chief Executive will ensure effective administration of the grants.
Report author: Phie Bannister
Publication date: 13/12/2022
Date of decision: 13/12/2022
Decided at meeting: 13/12/2022 - Lead Member for Resources and Climate Change
Effective from: 20/12/2022