Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider an update in relation to
Reconciling Policy, Performance and Resources (RPPR) including an
update on the latest financial position.
20.1 The Cabinet considered a report by the Chief Executive.
20.2 It was RESOLVED to:
1) welcome the additional one-off funding expected for 2020/21 but note that it is one-off and does not affect the savings position over the next Medium Term Financial Plan;
2) agree that planning continues on the basis that the 2% Adult Social Care precept is agreed by the County Council when setting the budget;
3) agree that, subject to funding being available, the savings in relation to Early Help family key workers (£0.981m) are not implemented in 2019/20 or 2020/21;
4) ask officers to continue to develop proposals for the one-off expenditure set out in paragraphs Q to AD in appendix 3 of the report and to invite Scrutiny Committees to consider the suggested proposals, along with any others suggested by Members; and
5) agree that lobbying should continue for a sustainable funding regime to meet the needs of residents of East Sussex.
20.3 The Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP) has been updated to reflect announcements since State of the County was presented to Cabinet on 16 July 2019. The position now shows a revised total deficit over the three-year MTFP of £25.4m. However, due to the nature of the one-off funding projected to be received in 2020/21, there is a surplus of £6.3m in 2020/21. This provides an opportunity to explore options for the use of this one-off surplus. The report sets out the options put forward to date.
Report author: Jane Mackney
Publication date: 26/03/2021
Date of decision: 12/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 12/11/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/11/2019