Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To begin the Reconciling Policy, Performance
and Resources (RPPR) process for 2020/21 and beyond.
10.1 The Cabinet considered a report by the Chief Executive.
10.2 It was RESOLVED to:
1) note the evidence base on demographics (appendix 1 of the report) and the National and Local Policy and Resources outlook (appendix 2);
2) review the priority outcomes and Core Offer which form the basis of the Council’s business and financial planning set out in paragraph 4 of the report and appendix 3;
3) agree the revised Medium Term Financial Plan as the basis for financial planning (appendix 4);
4) continue the work on lobbying and communications based on the Core Offer and the need for sustainable funding for the county;
5) agree to receive reports on more detailed plans for the next three years in the autumn when there is greater certainty about funding; and
6) agree the updated Capital Programme set out in appendix 5.
10.3 The State of the County report is part of the Council’s Reconciling Policy, Performance and Resources (RPPR) process, its integrated business and financial planning cycle. The report sets out the context and provides an overview of the latest position in preparation for more detailed planning for 2020/21 and beyond. It builds on our recent year-end monitoring report to reflect on our achievements over the last year, the challenges in the year ahead arising from both local and national factors and in the light of all of this begins to refine our plans for the next three years to guide our business planning and budget setting processes.
Report author: Jane Mackney
Publication date: 26/03/2021
Date of decision: 16/07/2019
Decided at meeting: 16/07/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 24/07/2019