Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the State of the County report and
begin the Reconciling Policy, Performance and Resources (RPPR)
process for 2022/23 and beyond.
9.1 The Cabinet considered a report by the Chief Executive.
9.2 It was RESOLVED to:
1) note the evidence base on demographics (appendix 1) and the national and local policy outlook (appendix 2);
2) agree the revised Medium Term Financial Plan as the basis for financial planning (appendix 3);
4) agree the priority outcomes and delivery outcomes (appendix 5) as the basis of the Council’s business and financial planning, subject to the amendment set out in paragraph 4.4 of the report;
5) agree to receive reports on more detailed plans for 2022/23 and beyond in the autumn when there is greater certainty about future resources; and
6) request officers bring forward proposals in the autumn for a financial strategy that includes options for further investment in highways, infrastructure and climate change.
9.3 The State of the County report is part of the Council’s Reconciling Policy, Performance and Resources (RPPR) process, its integrated business and financial planning cycle. The report sets out the current context and provides an overview of the latest position in preparation for more detailed planning for 2022/23 and beyond. It builds on our recent year-end monitoring report to reflect on our achievements over the last year, the challenges in the year ahead arising from both local and national factors and, in light of this, begins to refine our plans to guide our business planning and budget setting processes.
9.4 The report contained the normal elements included in the State of the County report: the demographic evidence base; the national and local policy context; Medium Term Financial Plan and Capital Programme. It gives our up to date understanding of how we will need to continue to respond to the wide range of policy, demographic and financial drivers which influence the outlook for the Council, including the implications of Covid-19, both in the short and longer-term.
Report author: Beth McGhee
Publication date: 13/07/2021
Date of decision: 13/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 13/07/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/07/2021