Decision Maker: Lead Member for Transport and Environment
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
In July 2021, Lead Member for Transport and Environment approved the draft Enhanced Partnership (EP) Plan and Schemes. After further development of the EP Plan and Scheme the EP Plan and Scheme will enter into the statutory process on 22 September to allow them to be made.
The paper will seek approval of the Lead Member of the final version of the EP.
36.1 The Lead Member considered a report by the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport.
36.2 The Lead Member RESOLVED to:
(1) Approve the Enhanced Partnership (EP) Plan and Scheme as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 of the report; and
(2) Agree that East Sussex County Council proceed with the formation the EP.
36.3 East Sussex County Council’s mission as a local transport authority is to ensure that East Sussex residents and visitors enjoy the highest possible quality bus services that provide a frequent and comprehensive choice, reduce congestion, and make a positive contribution to better air quality and decarbonisation. This mission is supported by the authority’s bus operators who will play a key role in its delivery. Equality implications will be assessed as plans develop to enable maximum benefits for people sharing specific protected characteristics.
36.4 The East Sussex Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) is an extremely ambitious plan that seeks to stimulate and drive significant improvements to bus services across the local authority area and the wider region. The BSIP intends to deliver as many of the ambitious proposals as possible, provide value for money and:
• Recover bus usage from the Covid-19 pandemic, taking account of consequential changes in travel patterns
• Increase bus usage significantly in the next few years and to eventually deliver a transformational change in bus usage.
• Deliver a step change in bus provision to both current and new bus users.
• Deliver lower and simpler fares.
• Deliver more, higher quality (more accurate and richer) passenger information.
Report author: Craig Lamberton
Publication date: 21/11/2022
Date of decision: 21/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 21/11/2022 - Lead Member for Transport and Environment
Effective from: 26/11/2022