Decision Maker: Lead Member for Transport and Environment
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To authorise expenditure (£50,000 maximum match funding per scheme) on a programme of Community Match schemes in 2022/23 as a contribution towards schemes across East Sussex with community groups contributing the remaining half of the cost of scheme design & construction.
37.1 The Lead Member considered a report by the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport.
37.2 The Lead Member RESOLVED to:
(1) Agree that £4,250 of match funding is allocated towards the Plumpton Community Match safety improvement scheme for initial detailed design work in 2022/23 and construction in 2023/24;
(2) Agree that £5,000 of match funding is allocated towards the Robertsbridge Community Match dropped kerbs and lining scheme for initial detailed design work in 2022/23 and construction in 2023/24;
(3) Agree that £50,000 of funding is allocated towards the Frant A267 pedestrian crossing scheme which will be designed and delivered by Frant Parish Council;
(4) Delegate authority to the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport to approve the 50% match funding contribution for the schemes in recommendations 1and 2, up to a maximum contribution of £50,000 per scheme once the design and construction costs are known; and
(5) Delegate authority to the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport to agree the terms and conditions of the grant funding agreement with Frant Parish Council for the £50,000 grant from the Community Match funding allocation towards the scheme as set out in recommendation 3.
37.3 The Community Match programme continues to provide the opportunity for town/parish councils, local resident groups and organisations to secure match funding to enable local priority schemes to be delivered which otherwise would not come forward using County Council funding alone through the capital programme of local transport improvements. From the £100,000 allocation for 2022/23, there is sufficient funding available to provide the community match funding requests to deliver all three schemes that have submitted applications. These schemes will help contribute towards delivering the County Council’s priorities of making best use of resources now and for the future and keeping vulnerable people safe.
37.4 As Frant Parish Council are proposing to take on the design and delivery of their scheme themselves, the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport will agree the terms and conditions of a grant funding agreement with the Parish Council in relation to the £50,000 Community Match funding allocation.
Report author: Nicholas Mitchell
Publication date: 21/11/2022
Date of decision: 21/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 21/11/2022 - Lead Member for Transport and Environment
Effective from: 26/11/2022