Decision Maker: Lead Member for Education and Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disability
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider the Admission Arrangements
29.1 The Lead Member for Education and Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disability considered a report by the Director of Children’s Services which sought approval for admission arrangements for the 2018/19 school year.
29.2 RESOLVED: (1) to agree the proposed admission arrangements for the 2017/18 school year, including the following changes to the existing arrangements:
· To make a change to the community area for Eastbourne primary schools so that the Polegate and Willingdon area outside the borough boundary becomes a separate community area as detailed in paragraphs 2.1 – 2.5 below;
· To change the definition of ‘Looked After Children’ in the County Council’s admission arrangements to include children accommodated under section 20 of the Children Act 1989; and
· Approve an application being made to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator for an in-year variation to enlarge the community area for Iford & Kingston CE Primary School to encompass the community area currently served by Rodmell CE Primary School in the event that a decision is taken by Cabinet in September 2017 to close Rodmell CE Primary School on 31 August 2018.
(2) agree the following:
· The admission priorities as set out in Appendix 1 of the report
· The admission numbers as set out in Appendix 3 of the report
· The co-ordinated schemes as set out in Appendix 4 of the report.
29.3 East Sussex County Council has a statutory duty to determine its admission arrangements and consult on any proposed changes. Following consultation, it is the responsibility of the Lead Member to determine the admission arrangements for the school year 2018/19.
Report author: Aaron Sams
Publication date: 30/10/2017
Date of decision: 28/02/2017