- Joint Report by Accountable Officer, High Weald Lewes and Havens CCG and Director of Adult Social Care, ESCC
8.1 The Board considered a report by the Accountable Officer, High Weald Lewes and Havens CCG (HWLH CCG), and the Director of Adult Social Care and Health East Sussex County Council (ESCC) on the Connecting 4 You Programme Plan.
8.2 In response to questions, officers made the following key points:
· A programme for integrated working and planning for the organisations involved in Connecting 4 You is underway but HWLH CCG and ESCC will remain as sovereign bodies responsible for managing the resources and funding in order to deliver against outcomes. This means that the Council (and HWLH CCG) will continue to use its own resources to decide how best to deploy its resources and set its priorities to deliver the best return on investment and service for East Sussex residents – in particular, the Reconciling Policy, Performance and Resources (RPPR) process.
· Connecting 4 You is at a different point in its programme to ESBT, which has now been running for over two years. ESBT is in the process of developing a single strategic investment plan and designing an accountable care model, and Connecting 4 You is not yet at this stage.
· As part of the Connecting 4 You programme, HWLH CCG is working with Brighton & Sussex University Hospital NHS Trust (BSUH) and Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (MTW) to improve integrated care pathways in the A23 South footprint that falls within the High Weald Lewes Havens area.
· Healthwatch East Sussex thanked all three CCGs for agreeing to hold the Public Reference Forums, and for agreeing its funding proposal for patient development to allow it to go into each of the GP surgeries in East Sussex to understand patient’s experiences at a very local level (a report will be produced on these findings).
8.3 The Board RESOLVED to note the development of the Connecting 4 You programme.
Report by Director of Adult Social Care and Health
16.1 The Cabinet considered a report by the Director of Adult Social Care and Health.
16.2 It was RESOLVED to agree the development of the proposed Connecting 4 You Programme.
16.3 The Connecting 4 You Programme will be delivered in partnership with Sussex Community Foundation Trust, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Brighton Sussex University Hospitals Trust. The programme will be developed with the full involvement of Healthwatch East Sussex, patients, clients, carers, independent sector and voluntary and community sectors.
16.4 The programme will build upon the progress that was achieved through the earlier involvement with the East Sussex Better Together programme, and where applicable this work will inform the focus on the specific needs of the High Weald Lewes Havens CCG population.