37.1 The Lead Member for Education and Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disability considered a report by the Director of Children’s Services which sought approval of the admission arrangements for the 2019/20 school year.
37.2 RESOLVED to:
1) agree the proposed admission arrangements for the 2019/20 school year,
including the following changes to the existing arrangements:
I. to change the community area for Hankham and Stone Cross primary schools so that the current discrete areas are merged to form one shared community area;
II. to include the community area formerly served by Rodmell CE Primary School in the community area for Iford & Kingston CE Primary School following the agreed closure of Rodmell CE Primary School; and
III. to include the villages of Ditchling and Streat in Chailey Secondary School’s community area to create a shared area with Priory School.
2) agree the admission priorities as set out in Appendix 1 of the report.
3) agree the proposed admissions numbers as set out in Appendix 4, in particular
the following changes:
I. Increase the PAN at Polegate School;
II. Increase the PAN at Ditchling St Margaret’s CE Primary School;
III. Decrease the PAN at Forest Row CE Primary;
IV. Decrease the PAN at Uplands Community College; and
V. Defer decision on PAN at Ninfield CE Primary pending consultation.
4) Increase the PAN at Robertsbridge Community College from 130 to 145.
5) Agree the proposed co-ordinated admissions schemes as set out in Appendix 7.
37.3 The county council is required by law to carry out consultation on admission arrangements every seven years, or sooner if there are any changes to those arrangements for the schools where the local authority is the admission authority.