Report by Chief Executive
24.1 The Cabinet considered a report by the Chif Executive.
24.2 It was RESOLVED to:
1. note the updated national policy context and local position as set out in paragraphs 2 and 3 and appendix 1;
2. agree the updated Council priority outcomes and delivery outcomes as the basis for ongoing planning (appendix 2);
3. agree the updated East Sussex Core Offer as the basis for ongoing planning (appendix 3);
4. agree the updated Medium Term Financial Plan as the basis for financial planning (appendix 5); and
5. agree to continue lobbyingfor a sustainable funding regime to meet the needs of the residents of East Sussex and which recognises the significant impact of COVID-19 on the Council’s expenditureand income.
24.3 The report sets out our updated understanding of how we will need to reset our service and financial plans to deal with the future, as we continue to live with the reality of a world with COVID-19 and the significant impact this has on people’s lives, as well as a fast-moving national policy agenda. In this rapidly evolving context it remains very challenging to quantify future need for services and national expectations for local government and to reflect these in our future service offer and financial planning. The report therefore provides our latest best assessment of the policy and financial context that will continue to inform our planning for 2021/22, and includes:
· updates on key national and local policy context developments since July;
· an update on the review of the Council’s priority outcomes and delivery outcomes;
· an update on the review and reset of the East Sussex Core Offer;
· the updated Medium Term Financial Plan for 2021/22-2023/24; and
· updates to the Capital Programme.