Please note that there are two Lead Member portfolios covering Children’s Services each with their separate responsibilities:
1) Children and Families (Councillor Sylvia Tidy); and
2) Education and Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disability (Councillor Bob Standley)
Normally, meetings for both Lead Members are scheduled well in advance to take place on the same day successively. However, confusion can arise when one of these meetings is cancelled (due to lack of business) whilst the other goes ahead.
For reports relating to Councillor Tidy’s portfolio, please click on the ‘Browse meetings and agendas for this committee’ option above.
Lead cabinet members are authorised by Cabinet to make certain decisions within their areas of special responsibility. They make these decisions at Individual Decision Making meetings attended by council officers. Other councillors may also attend.
The terms of reference for this committee can be found in the Council’s Constitution.
The Lead Member for Children and Families has responsibility for:
Strategy and Policy for all Children’s Services (social care) matters, and principal service area responsibilities are:
· Child protection and family support
· Fostering and adoption for children
· Residential care for children
· Other aspects of social care for children
· Youth justice
· Youth service
· And all ancillary activities
Support officer: Aaron Sams. 01273 335274