Please note that there are two Lead Member portfolios covering Children’s Services each with their separate responsibilities:
1) Children & Families; and
2) Education and Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disability
Normally, meetings for both Lead Members are scheduled well in advance to take place on the same day successively. However, confusion can arise when one of these meetings is cancelled (due to lack of business) whilst the other goes ahead.
Lead cabinet members are authorised by Cabinet to make certain decisions within their areas of special responsibility. They make these decisions at Individual Decision Making meetings attended by council officers. Other councillors may also attend.
The terms of reference for this meeting can be found in the Council’s Constitution.
The Lead Member for Education, Inclusion and Special Educational Needs and Disability has responsibility for:
Strategy and Policy for all Children’s Services (education) matters, and principal service area responsibilities are:
· Quality and standards in educational establishments
· Special educational needs
· School admissions and transport
· Early years and childcare
· School organisation and place planning
· Skills (shared with Economy)
· And all ancillary activities
Support officer: Belinda Trunfull. 01273 335230