In light of Government advice related to coronavirus, public committee meetings (including Lead Member meetings) will be held remotely until further notice.
Please contact Democratic Services if any further information is required regarding forthcoming decisions of this Lead Member.
Please note that there are two Lead Member portfolios covering Children’s Services each with their separate responsibilities:
1) Children & Families (Councillor Sylvia Tidy); and
2) Education and Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disability (Councillor Bob Standley)
Normally, meetings for both Lead Members are scheduled well in advance to take place on the same day successively. However, confusion can arise when one of these meetings is cancelled (due to lack of business) whilst the other goes ahead.
For reports relating to Councillor Standley’s portfolio, please click on the ‘Browse meetings and agendas for this committee’ option above.
Lead cabinet members are authorised by Cabinet to make certain decisions within their areas of special responsibility. They make these decisions at Individual Decision Making meetings attended by council officers. Other councillors may also attend.
The terms of reference for this meeting can be found in the Council’s Constitution.
The Lead Member for Education, Inclusion and Special Educational Needs and Disability has responsibility for:
Strategy and Policy for all Children’s Services (education) matters, and principal service area responsibilities are:
· Quality and standards in educational establishments
· Special educational needs
· School admissions and transport
· Early years and childcare
· School organisation and place planning
· Skills (shared with Economy)
· And all ancillary activities
This portfolio was previously known as the Lead Member for Learning and School Effectiveness.
Support officer: Aaron Sams. 01273 335274