3.1 The Lead Member considered a report by the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport.
3.2 The Lead Member RESOLVED to approve:
(1) Sussex Tourism and Culture Recovery Group (STCRG) Visitor Economy report recommendations and actions (Section 3 of the report);
(2) STCRG explore funding opportunities (section 3);
(3) STCRG disseminate the baseline report to interested parties (section 3.7);
(4) STCRG create a Sussex Tourism Leadership Group to drive the Vision and reach the target markets (section 4);
(5) STCRG engage with the Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and ascertain the LEPs’ proposition for working with the STCRG (section 5.4 to 5.6); and
(6) delegate authority to the Director of Communities, Economy and Transport to implement steps set out in recommendations (1) to (5) inclusive, in line with the agreed budget.
3.3 In light of the impact of the Pandemic on the tourism sector, the pan-Sussex group is meeting a need to support the economic recovery of the Tourism sector through pan-Sussex working.To inform the proposals for next steps, the STCRG has considered:
• the recommendations from the Sussex Visitor Economy Report (as set out in section 3)
• the need for a wider leadership group to include public and private sector representatives (section 4)
• other strategic Intelligence (section 5)
• how to work with LEPs in future (section 5)
• Current funding available (sections 3 and 6)