In light of Government advice related to coronavirus, public committee meetings (including Lead Member meetings) will be held remotely until further notice.
Please contact Democratic Services if any further information is required regarding forthcoming meetings of this committee.
The Committee’s future work programme is available to view online.
The work of this Committee before 15 May 2018 was carried out by the following scrutiny committees:
Click on these links if you wish to see previous meeting agendas and minutes.
This Place Scrutiny Committee looks at the following areas of work within the Council:
Transport and Environment:
· Planning and development control
· Transport and highways (including Transport for the South East)
· Waste and minerals
· Rights of way and countryside management
· Flood and coastal erosion risk management
Economic Development and Regeneration:
· Economic development, skills and infrastructure
· Culture (including LEP)
· Archives, records and libraries
· Customer Services
· Emergency Planning
· Gypsies and travellers
· Registration Service
· Road safety
· Trading Standards
· Financial Management
· Property asset management
· IT & Digital
· Personnel and Training
· Legal Services
· Member Services / Democratic Services
· Policy and Performance
· Coroner Services
· Voluntary sector
The terms of reference of this Committee can be found in the Council’s Constitution.
Support officer: Martin Jenks. Senior Democratic Services Adviser
Phone: 01273 481327